Saturday, June 13, 2009

Summer 09

First an update on the current minimum requirements: I heard back from my Supervisor and from our numbers, the classes should be a go. The watercolor class meets the minimum of 9 people enrolled but we still need 3 more bodies for the acrylic class otherwise several things could happen: The time gets shortened for the length of a class, the number of classes gets shortened, you pay a bit more to keep it open or the class is closed. If the class is closed and there is room , if you want you can come to my watercolor class in the afternoon.

Of those first 3, the whole class must agree with what ever arrangement are offered otherwise option 4 is the only alturnitive. Please try to find friends or neighbors, especially if you live in Torrance, this would make the City happy to see their own citizens using these classes. They still need to hear from you so we can save future classes. Thanks. www.torrnet.com

I have posted the reference photos and drawing of our summer project, both classes will be doing the same project in their respective media. I couldn't find anything in my own photos that perked my interest so the ones I will be using were taken by my sister-in-law when they went to Alaska a couple years ago, she was excited to know that I thought well enough of them to use them in class but truth is, she's a pretty good photog in her own right, so I'm happy she gave me permission to use them.

Don't be intimidated by the drawing, the only things you really need to worry about is the placement of the boat, buildings and maybe the reflections. For the watercolor class, you can get your design on your paper before we start class if you want, mind what I just said, you only need the key elements the rest we will make up as we go, it isn't important it be exact.

Acrylic class, you don't need to do anything until we actually start. We will draw as we go IF WE NEED TO. I really don't want to see a detailed drawing on any canvas before we start because you are going to need to paint over it to do it right, it you have a drawing you will tend to "paint around" things you have drawn then wonder why you are having so much trouble. I want a blank canvas to start.

Again, get people to sign up for class so we can keep them both going and I will see you in a couple of weeks.

No comments: